Available from the 8th November seven days a week, Scottish residents and visitors alike will be able to try the burger and experience the future of eating in the group’s following four stylish restaurants situated in and around the bustling city centre:
• Indigo Yard (www.indigoyardedinburgh.co.uk) the ultimate hangout for artisan food and craft beers in Edinburgh’s West End.
• Montpeliers Bruntsfield (www.montpeliersedinburgh.co.uk), the original member of the Montpeliers collection in Edinburgh just minutes from the city.
• Rabble (www.rabbleedinburgh.co.uk), a rough-luxe taphouse and grill with rooms in the heart of Edinburgh
• Tigerlily (www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk), the flagship venue and the Capital’s most talked-about luxury boutique hotel, bar and restaurant
Set to be the most impactful food invention of the century, it has taken a team of leading UK scientists, chefs and farmers more than three years in a lab and over 200 test-kitchen recipes to create the final Moving Mountains® Burger.
Continuing to expand into new cities is part of the brand’s ongoing mission to make truly inspiring flexitarian dining available to everyone throughout the United Kingdom. Without any compromise on taste, the Moving Mountains® Burger provides a viable alternative for flexitarians, vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Each restaurant site has created a unique serve of the Moving Mountains® Burger, with each dish being 100% vegan and will be available from 9th November, priced from £12.50
• Montpeliers - Moving Mountains® Burger with Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, Sundried Tomato Pesto & Venetian Onions
• Rabble -Josper Grilled Moving Mountains® Burger with Portobello Mushrooms, Vegan Cheese & Mushroom Ketchup
• Tigerlily- Moving Mountains® Burger with Satay Slaw & Sriracha Ketchup
• Indigo Yard’s - Moving Mountains® Burger with Tomatoes, Lettuce & Beetroot Ketchup
The Moving Mountains® Burger
Not a veggie burger, Moving Mountains® allows the UK public to enjoy an experience so akin to animal meat, it will convert even the most committed carnivores.
Every Moving Mountains® Burger is 100 per cent plant meat, 0 per cent cow and looks just like a regular patty. When cooked in the pan or BBQ, it sizzles, smells and browns just like the real thing. Just like the very best juicy burger, when perfectly cooked, the Moving Mountains® Burger bleeds through the middle – with beetroot juice instead of blood.
By using simple and natural ingredients and incredible scientific processes, the burger replicates animal meat in every way:
• Oyster Mushrooms are the base, which maintains the mouth-watering, succulent texture and differentiates the burger from US competitors. It provides health benefits including lowering cholesterol
• Pea protein provide a source of protein
• Wheat and soy proteins give a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a traditional burger
• Beetroot juice allows a juicy, ‘bleed’ at the centre of the patty
• Coconut oil provides a fatty, satisfying consistency
• Oats help provide the firm structure of the patty
• Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meats, has been added so that the Moving Mountains® Burger can genuinely compete with a beef burger and provide more essential nutrients as the burger contains the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of B12
Each Moving Mountains® Burger has zero cholesterol, 18g of plant protein, is vegan and free-from antibiotics and hormones. Seriously satisfying, the burger will quell comfort-food cravings, without the meat hangover.
The future of eating well for health and for the planet, Moving Mountains’ plant-based meat requires less land, less water and produces less greenhouse emissions than animal meat. It looks, smells and tastes as indulgent as regular meat so it can be enjoyed 100% guilt-free.
Simeon Van der Molen, Founder of Moving Mountains® says: “Boasting an array of outstanding and award-winning restaurants, Edinburgh is an ideal location for us to launch the Moving Mountains® Burger next. The established Montpeliers group is a perfect partner for our move into Scotland, as they work with only the very best producers and continually look to promote innovative and creative offerings.”
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!